Sunday, March 11, 2007

Chart 137



Chart 137
(8 February, 1998)


1.- Björk - Bachelorette
2.- Live - Freaks
3.- Céline Dion - My Heart Will Go On
4.- Portishead - Only You
5.- Live - Lakini's Juice
6.- Eros Ramazzotti - Favola
7.- Sheryl Crow - Tomorrow Never Dies
8.- Bush - Synapse
9.- Björk - Pluto
10.- Sugar Ray - Fly
11.- Live - Turn My Head (DEBUT)
12.- Eros Ramazzotti & Tina Turner - Cose Della Vita (Can't Stop Thinking Of You)
13.- Matchbox 20 - Push (DEBUT)
14.- Björk - Jóga
15.- Oasis - All Around The World
16.- Bush - Mouth
17 - No Doubt - End It On This
18.- Jai - I Believe (DEBUT)
19.- Natalie Imbruglia - Torn (DEBUT)
20.- Meredith Brooks - What Would Happen (DEBUT)

Back in 1998, it was cool to be a Live fan, they rocked so much and were the hot thing. Nowadays, they're an awful joke of what they were, they went all bland and fluffy, but we still have those golden days, as proved in this chart. At 11, they debut with "Turn My Head", a great great ballad. I have a story! I called my local radio station and requested this song, but do i need to remind you again I live in México? Obviously they had never played it... anyway, they made me translate the title for them to understand, and when they finally got it, they just said something like "Oh, you want to call out sister station, let me connect you with them". Argh! It was a traditional mexican music station, but I finally put my request, which obviously wasn't played, but I felt so much joy to make them look incompetent by not having any of the songs I usually requested jajajajaja. Anyway (again) at 13, we have the greatest Matchbox 20 song they ever recorded "Push" I still LOVE that song to this day. On 18, the debut of a cute-as-a-button man named Jai, I don't think I ever learned anything about him, just that his song "I Believe" was amazing and the video was really great as well. Natalie Imbruglia was debuting her first single "Torn" and a little later, it became a massive hit around the world. And finally, at 20, Meredith Brooks strikes again, this time with her best song "What Would Happen".

No comments: