Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chart 365



Chart 365
(23 June, 2002)


1.- Kevin Max - If I Could Make It Work In Life (1)
2.- Stereophonics - Mr. Writer (7)
3.- Tori Amos - Heart Of Gold
4.- Audio Adrenaline - Lift
5.- Tori Amos - '97 Bonnie & Clyde / Raining Blood (3)
6.- REM - I've Been High (3)
7.- Steven Curtis Chapman - Magnificent Obsession
8.- Stereophonics - Handbags & Gladrags / Fiddler's Green (DEBUT)
9.- Howie Day - Morning After
10.- Paul Alan - Have A Little Hope
11.- Kevin Max - Existence (11)
12.- Stereophonics - Not Up To You / Same Size Feet
13.- Lifehouse - Cling And Clatter
14.- Garth Brooks - Don't Cross The River / The Storm
15.- Robbie Williams & Jonathan Wilkes - Me And My Shadow
16.- Björk - Heirloom
17 - Travis - Flowers In The Window
18.- Doves - There Goes The Fear
19.- Sigur Rós - Hjartað Hamast
20.- Tori Amos - Enjoy The Silence (DEBUT)

Stereophonics manage to score another double song and this time right into the top ten at 8. The Handbags & Gladrags song is a cover, and better than the original in my opinion. I coupled it with Fiddler's Green, another cover, also better than the original. I don't know, I like Stereophonics... or well, liked them, now they changed so much and much more throwaway. And at the bottom, we have Tori entering the chart with Enjoy The Silence... another cover! I prefer her cover to original as well. What I think could be corrected, and she did live, is towards the end, she should have gone for a more high pitched sound in the last chorus, yet, on the album is all deep voiced and it kinda defeats any intent of highlighting the ending. Oh well, I like it a lot anyway.

No comments: