Monday, February 19, 2007

Chart 75



Chart 75
(1 December, 1996)


1.- Céline Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
2.- Eros Ramazzotti - Stella Gemella
3.- Céline Dion - River Deep Mountain High
4.- Dishwalla - Counting Blue Cars
5.- Céline Dion - Seduces Me
6.- George Michael - Spinning The Wheel
7.- Alanis Morissette - Head Over Feet
8.- Céline Dion - Call The Man
9.- Céline Dion - I Love You
10.- Laura Pausini - Incancellabile
11.- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart (DEBUT)
12.- George Michael - The Strangest Thing (DEBUT)
13.- Oasis - Hey Now (DEBUT)
14.- Céline Dion - Because You Loved Me (DEBUT)
15.- Céline Dion - Falling Into You
16.- Toni Braxton - There's No Me Without You (DEBUT)
17 - Céline Dion - Dreamin' Of You (DEBUT)
18.- Sting - I Was Brought To My Senses (DEBUT)
19.- Enya - Pax Deorum (DEBUT)
20.- George Michael - To Be Forgiven (DEBUT)

Last chart marked the first anniversary of my chart! Anyway, in this one, the surprise is that there are 9 debuts! Starting with Toni Braxton with her monster ballad "Un-Break My Heart", song that I can't believe it, but was even discussed (the translation of the title) in a news show!! There was a spanish version of it also if I'm not wrong. George Michael has a couple of debuts, one at 12, "The Strangest thing", one of the most upbeat songs on his album (and that's saying something, since the album is very slow, but great), and also at 20 with "To Be Forgiven" that in contrast, is one of the more mellow songs, just great! Oasis enters with "Hey Now", and for some bizarre reason "Because You Loved Me" by Céline Dion re-enters the chart, but of course, she brought another song along with her, "Dreamin' Of You" at 17. Toni Braxton also scored another song, "There's No Me Without You"... I don't like Toni Braxton at all. Then, at 18, a new single by Sting "I Was Brought To My Senses", which had a great video. And finally Enya debuts with one of her ominous songs, yes she is known for soft and friendly whispered ballads... new age ballads, but almost on each album, she includes a sinister song, so "Pax Deorum" is that song on "The Memory Of Trees".

No comments: