Thursday, February 22, 2007

Chart 93



Chart 93
(6 April, 1997)


1.- Kula Shaker - Tattva
2.- Eros Ramazzotti - Quasi Amore
3.- No Doubt - Don't Speak
4.- Donna Lewis - Without Love
5.- Sheryl Crow - Everyday Is A Winding Road
6.- No Doubt - The Climb
7.- Céline Dion - The Colour Of My Love
8.- Céline Dion - To Love You More
9.- U2 - Discotheque
10.- Bush - Swallowed
11.- Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
12.- Eros Ramazzotti - Questo Immenso Show
13.- No Doubt - Spiderwebs
14.- No Doubt - Excuse Me Mr.
15.- Duncan Sheik - Barely Breathing (DEBUT)
16.- Céline Dion - Quand On N'a Que L'amour
17 - Blur - Beetlebum
18.- David Bowie - Little Wonder
19.- Céline Dion - All By Myself (DEBUT)
20.- The Legendary Pink Dots - Straight On 'Til Morning (DEBUT)

Duncan Sheik!! Yeah, his debut single was very popular, not so much in my city, but in other parts of the world. "Barely Breathing" did the trick, made him sell records and I suppose he gained many fans, but I also suspect many were disappointed. You see, the albbum is full of slow songs, so if you were attracted by the catchiness of the single, you only find like a couple more upbeat tracks. That said, the album is very good. And "All By Myself" was released as a single, and that always re-sparked my interest in songs I had already loved. I had already charted it, but here she goes a second time. And last but not least... THE LEGENDARY PINK DOTS!!! with a really sinister and demented and terrorific and terrific song... more like an experiment. I guess this is the first song I ever charted that completely broke the standars of what I had been charting up to that point. Here's the short story: I was happily listening to one of my favorite radio shows 'Frecuencia alterada' on Radio Tamaulipas. Then, when they played this same song, i was like "WTF is this shit??? I love it!!" so I pressed record on my tape recorder :D I kept the song recordad on tape for all those years, wondering exactly who they were and what song it was. I remembered enough of the name and title, to have a flashback when I saw the title written on a page. A few weeks ago, i was reading dusted magazine on the web and they reviewed their latest album. I was like "I know that name!!" and began a quest to find the song online. Which led me to this point in time. Just today, February 22 2007, I found the song and listened to it again!! AHHH!!! jajajaja, yeah, long story, but it had to be told :D Too bad the song did horrible on my chart.

No comments: