Sunday, May 20, 2007

Chart 158



Chart 158
(5 July, 1998)


1.- Céline Dion - The Reason
2.- Björk - Hunter
3.- Tori Amos - Spark
4.- Portishead - Over
5.- Sash! - La Primavera
6.- Marcy Playground - Sex And Candy
7.- Live - Turn My Head
8.- Björk - Bachelorette
9.- Alanis Morissette - Uninvited
10.- Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
11.- The Tamperer - Feel It
12.- Portishead - Only You
13.- Mariah Carey - My All
14.- Live - I Alone (DEBUT)
15.- Portishead - All Mine
16.- Eros Ramazzotti - Fantástico Amor
17 - Céline Dion - Cherche Encore (DEBUT)
18.- Nek - Il Tuo Nome (DEBUT)
19.- All Saints - Lady Marmalade / Under The Bridge (DEBUT)
20.- Matchbox 20 - 3 AM

Ahhh, something happened this week for the first time in the chart's life: A double A side single debuted just like that. It was the first of many to come, the All Saints enter with both songs at 19. In time, I kept debuting double songs like this, but most of those were two songs I felt I liked equally, and they both made it. At 18 the italian Nek debuted with his second single in México "Il Tuo Nome". And a little higher, Céline, not happy with her brand new number one, also entered with the french "Cherche Encore" a great song I still like, at number 17. And finally at 14, Live, with a song from their past album, but I just heard it that last week. It was on a videotape a friend of my brother lent us, it was a live performance and I fell for it.

No comments: